Dogs and cats are greater than pets… they’re family. They give the impression of being to us to be cared for and guarded. Identical to people, accidents and emergencies can occur to animals, so being prepared could make a lifesaving difference.
Emergencies can occur suddenly and unexpectedly. Knowing what to do within the initial moments might be critical to your pet’s life. By having a pet first aid kit, dog and cat owners might be equipped when the unthinkable happens. Every pet parent must have a primary aid kit for his or her pet in his or her home. They also needs to carry one of their automobile in case of an accident or incident during pet travel. Pet first aid kits can be found for purchase or a human first aid kit might be used after which supplemented with pet specific supplies.
Pet first aid kits are designed to assist pet owners in case of an accident or emergency with their furry loved one. A regular kit accommodates:
- Pet First Aid Book
- Nylon leash
- A muslin sling bandage
- Muzzle or strips of material to stop biting (so long as pet isn’t vomiting, choking, coughing, or otherwise having difficulty respiratory)
- Adhesive tape
- Antiseptic wipes
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Tongue depressor
- Antibiotic ointment
- Alcohol prep pads
- Latex gloves
- Rectal thermometer
- Eye wash solution
- Fast cold pack
- Rescue blanket
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl®) if approved by a veterinarian for allergic reactions. Vet must specify correct dosage to your pet’s size.
- List of emergency phone numbers including those to your pet’s veterinarian, an after hour’s emergency veterinary hospital, and the National Animal Poison Control Center (1-888-426-4435).
Once you will have a pet first aid kit assembled, it’s idea to incorporate this information for every of your furry family members:
- Copies of their Vaccine Records
- Copies of their Medical Records
- Current Photos of your pet
Those that have faced emergencies can inform you it is crucial to get your first aid kit together and get conversant in first aid measures BEFORE you might be confronted with an accident, emergency or sudden illness. Many situations require fast motion to stop further injury to your pet. So, assemble a primary aid kit now, so that you’re going to be ready when your pet needs immediate help.
Our pets enrich our lives in additional ways than we will count. In turn, they rely upon us for his or her well-being. Make pet safety a priority. Assemble your pet first aid kit today.