Before we dive right into a Maine coon personality, let’s discover why these cats are so unique.
The oldest naturally occurring cat breed, the Maine coon is included within the list of most sought-after felines worldwide. These cats are generally liked for his or her impressively luscious hair coats and enormous, muscular, sturdy bodies. As a result of this physical stature, they’re referred to as ‘gentle giants’ and ‘dogs of the feline community.’
Though most individuals can easily recognize this cat attributable to its unique physical traits, not many are aware of their personalities. This text explains all the pieces intimately regarding the Maine Coon personality traits or the behavioral aspects that makes them fascinating.
Female Maine Coon Personality (Queens)
Female Maine Coons generally like to be around their guardians. Initially, they could be a bit shy and aloof. Still, once they change into accustomed to the brand new home and folks, it proves a playful companion. Nonetheless, females often don’t open up quickly to strangers or guests.
Male Maine Coons (Toms)
Like female Maine Coons, males also like to be around their guardians and follow you in all places in the house. Nonetheless, males are way more friendly and extroverted than their female counterparts.
As well as, unlike females, males are more attention seekers, so that they mix quickly with guests or strangers and do their best to be the middle of their attention.
Some Other Maine Coon Personality Traits
- Generally, Maine Coons are known to have a cool, calm, and friendly temperament. Though they like to be around, they aren’t over-reliant on their guardians. As well as, they’re very amicable naturally and like to play with all of the relations equally. Subsequently these cats are a superb option for multi-member families or homes with kids.
- Maine Coons are very adaptable and adjust to latest homes, environments, and relations in a short time.
- They’re called gentle giants due to their larger size and funky and calm temperament. Despite their large, muscular bodies, they rarely change into aggressive. Even in the event that they are offended or unhappy attributable to any reason, they stay quiet, calm, and mild.
- Maine Coons are intelligent felines and might learn easy commands (like come, run, stop, go, etc.). They enjoy learning latest things and accept challenges. So don’t be surprised in the event you see a Maine Coon playing a game of fetch. They’re called “dogs of the feline community” for a reason.
- Maine Coon wholly disproves the common misconception about cats being cold or unaffectionate. These cats are so loving and affectionate that they may not waste a second once they discover a probability to sit down in your lap. As well as, you’ll ceaselessly find them sleeping beside you or on you and purring and kneading for you (a catty strategy to show love and affection).
- Though Maine Coons are considered vocal felines, generally, they don’t meow in any respect. As an alternative, they mostly communicate their emotions of happiness or excitement by gentle chirping. Nonetheless, in the event you hear meow, it is an indication of affection and affection for you, and you possibly can interpret it as “I miss you.”
- Like other cats, Maine Coons use their paws often for various tasks. Especially while eating, you will note them pick and eat the food (or treat) using their paws.
- Generally, they make an ideal companion. You’ll at all times find them in all places beside you, whether you’re busy working in your laptop or performing some other routine chores like cooking, reading a book, gardening, watching TV, etc.
- Unlike other felines, they aren’t afraid of water or getting wet, so it’s much easier to offer a shower to a Maine Coon as in comparison with other cats. They always seek for an open tab or shower to get wet.
- Lastly, Maine Coons go well with other cats and dogs when introduced properly.
Learn: The Friendliest Cat Breeds
In conclusion, the Maine Coon cat is a novel and affectionate feline that many cat lovers adore. With their charming personality, playful nature, and loving temperament, it isn’t any wonder that they’re one of the vital popular cat breeds.
Whether you’re searching for a loyal companion or a furry friend to maintain you entertained, the Maine Coon is an ideal selection. Its adaptability, intelligence, and social skills make it a perfect pet for families, individuals, and cat enthusiasts. Overall, in the event you are considering adding a cat to your life, the Maine Coon cat is a breed that needs to be in your list.